More than a third of business owners get funding from friends and family. But it's stressful to create terms, document a deal, and then make sure you get paid back.
Ned makes it possible to create win-win funding agreements in minutes.
Forget about risky handshake deals or feeling uncomfortable when you try to support a business owner that needs your help.
Keep it easy by building a relationship around revenue sharing. Create fair and fast deals that make everyone happy. Automate everything so you can have peace of mind.
How To Get Started
With Ned, you're in the driver's seat. Feel confident when someone asks you to fund their business. Provide the money they need and get paid back over time with their revenues.
Step 1. Draft Your Deal
- Either a funder or business owner can send terms to review.
- Funders can build a fair and fast deal in 5 minutes with easy options.
- Set your Funding Amount and the Future Revenue Share you want to get back over time.
- You can even include a Bonus to the funder so you can make a little extra as the business grows.
Step 2. Send and Sign
- Send terms to the business owner that's asking for funds. Let them review it and adjust things if they have changed.
- Ned takes your terms and puts them into an Revenue Share Agreement for everyone to sign.
- Make sure to review everything before finalizing.
- Sign the dotted line and start a partnership!
Step 3. Send Funding
- After signing your agreement, Ned connects you and your new partner by integrating bank accounts.
- You can send an ACH transfer to the business owner's account within minutes.
Step 4. Get Paid Back
- Revenue sharing begins when funds are transferred!
- Ned debits the agreed-upon Future Revenue Share from your partner on Fridays and transfers it to you.
- You have an option to give the business owner some time - up to three months - before they can start paying back
- This process repeats until you are fully repaid.
Step 5. Track and Manage
- Review and track Revenue Transfers from a user-friendly dashboard. There aren't uncomfortable convos or a need to track down your business partner. Ned does the work and keeps communication open.
Ditch Lenders. Set Your Own Terms.
- Strike direct terms
- Beat other options
- Easy documentation
- Get money fast
- Automated repayment
- Flexible costs
- Keep it all confidential
How Ned Makes Money
- Ned charges a 2.5% fee on all ACH transfers between partners, except for transfers associated with a Bonus to the funder which are free of charge.
- Fees are netted out of transfers. They aren't incremental.
- Everyone sees fees clearly labeled on their bank statements.
For more specifics on pricing visit our FAQ
We created simple rules for those using our platform to maintain fairness for everyone.
Why? Funders shouldn't strike terms that stress a business out, and business owners shouldn't ask for funding they can't feasibly repay.
- Can't fund more than 15% of a business's annual revenue
- Can't ask for a Bonus of more than 15%
- Can't ask for a Future Revenue Share of more than 15%
- Need to make $50,000 in annual revenue
- Can't ask for more than 15% of average annual revenue
- Can't repay a funder with a Future Revenue Share of more than 15%
- Can only have one funding relationship
Over time these criteria might shift as we learn how our users want to work with us.